One of most often set questions regarding RVS-TECHNOLOGY is what is the difference between RVS and other antifriction compounds and additives?
Among antifrictional and antiwear additives to greasing materials are most known:
- additives forming on surfaces of friction pair thin layer (film) of “soft” metals — “Rimet”, “Lubrifilm”, and others under the general name — “remetallizants”;
- additives capable to activate an aggregation force of greasing with metal surface — “Aspect-modifier”, “Forum”, PMF-200, Slider-2000, etc. under the general name — “modifiers”;
- additives promoting creation on friction surfaces of a new dividing layer of materials, gained in course of physical and chemical transformations — ER, MILITEK, Fenom, etc. — under general name “conditioners”;
- additives, containing antifrictional hard-phase components of natural and artificial minerals — “a diamond dust”, graphite lubrications, molybdenite greasing and others, gathered into group — “antifrictional geomaterials”.
In practice all set above compositions, as a rule, confirm their designation, with more or less success improving work of friction pairs. Unfortunately, commercial structures, as a rule, in their advertising declarations considerably overestimate existing true characteristics, and finally it leads to mess and discredit of these products.
According to definitions made by Petrov V. M and Shabanovym A.J. in their work “Recovering antifrictional preparations. Modern state of a problem” (Moscow, 2003), above mentioned names are rather conventional and thought up by producers themselves. Seldom any of producers can give his definition and intelligibly answer to a question: “What is conditioning or modifying and what is its essence”?
In order not to complicate situation already difficult regarding definition and designation of compounds and their names, we will use general names everybody get used to. As positive effects resulting from application of above mentioned preparations are widely known, we will stop on a problematic and we will conduct some comparisons.
For effective and high-grade working capacity it is necessary to support their certain concentration in oil, but it is impossible or hard to perform under mechanisms real service conditions. Creation of stable suspension of corpuscles of applied metals preserves difficulty also. And still these problems are more or less solvable, but the main thing is left - all the additives used for metal-plating are non-ferrous metals, while details of mechanisms are made in overwhelming majority of alloys of ferrous metals.
It leads to the fact that films, formed by “soft” non-ferrous metals possessing comparatively small adhesion to steels, exfoliate easily enough.
“Internal” electrochemical processes arise between steel and non-ferrous metal provoking an electrochemical corrosion of steels that step to step leads to destruction of surface coatings.
Ability to exfoliate leads to obtaining of considerable quantity of a large-scale insoluble suspension in oils that promotes “driving down” of oil channels and filters.
These additives can be rather effective regarding anti-wear and especially antiscuff indexes.
The effect is based on formation of polymeric, teflon and other similar films. Effect of such additives is restricted by the same necessary constant concentration. The effect abruptly decreases with the decrease of concentration.
Special properties of such additives help the result that as a rule they are not just antifrictional, but even are capable to increase resistance of a friction. Besides it, high concentration can lead to effect of oil rheology.
Due to complexity of physical and chemical processes provoked by them, they do not possess universality towards materials and operating modes of tribo units (friction knots). They demand more thorough preparation and the further studying of mode's properties and applying technologies.
Processes of physical and chemical formations are difficult to control, they occur spontaneously and, besides, directly depend on necessity of strictly keeping certain concentration in oil.
In this case they use special structure of minerals, their physicomechanical properties and defined dispersity (size of corpuscles). The scaly structure allows to “smooth” a friction surface partially. Due to of mechanical work hardening in metal surface they are capable to produce some increase of hardness, in certain situations it influences wear resistance positively.
Among drawbacks there is high enough hardness (graphites, molybdenums, diamond) of edges, under certain conditions it provokes the strongest and quick abrasive wear. It has served to termination of their application by leading producers of oils and greasing.
It is the separate group of antifrictional recovering products patented and manufactured by “NPC Ruspromremont”.
The products of RVS class manufactured on the basis of geoactivators refer to hard-phase greasing.
The basic differences of original RVS from above observed products are following:
These and other RVS properties are repeatedly proved in many countries of the world, in particular, in Russia, Japan, Finland, Germany and others.
- Rather low cost of compounds in comparison with gained technical — economic benefit;
- They do not demand keeping constant concentration in oil and following additives when it replaced;
- Form not film coverings, but modified surfaces with unique properties providing compensation of wear and optimization of tolerances in friction and sliding pairs, and also possibility of damage -free exploitation of the processed mechanisms without oil or greasing presence for long time;
- Developed technologies of RVS application guarantee predictability of the results;
- Possibility of compounds application not in tribo-units only , but also on surfaces of details before the moment of their installation in the mechanism without presence of greasing materials;
- Ecologically pure product while manufacturing and applying (class of danger is equal to that of foodstuff).
Such multifunctionality and universality of RVS takes its origin from unique properties of the natural and artificial minerals used in its manufacturing.
Unfortunately, today in the Russian market there is a large quantity of fakes imitating RVS different in names, including, PBC, UPBC, etc. Application of such preparations-fakes to the equipment of the factories-consumers does not provide promised results and discredits original RVS and technologies of their application — “RVS-TECHNOLOGIES”.